I admit that I've succumbed to the January Blues. I long to see the green grass. I long to drive down our mountain and not have to worry about sliding on ice. I long to see blue skies, full trees and flowers in bloom. I miss flitting and twirling around a large grassy hill while singing the theme song to the 'Sound of Music'. What? You don't do that?
I read an article that claims that January 24 is the most depressing day of the year. There is actually a formula that is used to determine this day's depressing-ness. Here is the article:
Since this is the most depressing time of the year - I decided to read about some ideas to combat the Winter blues. Here are some of the ideas that others have suggested:
- Plan a fun event or party to spice things up a bit
- Exercise (of course)
- Join a club
- Socialize with friends and family
- Get a spa treatment such as a facial or pedicure
- Start a blog! (that's my own idea, actually)
- Make fun of your husband (another idea of my own but it always provides a little glimmer of joy each time I do it)
- Go to Bryce, Zions, or Grand Canyon (wow, I'm full of great ideas)
So - do any of you have any fun plans or ideas to combat the blues? What do you do to feel better? Please share!