Today is my mother's birthday - December 12. She would be mad if I said her age - so I'll just say she looks barely old enough to be my mom! And that's the truth!
**My mom reads my blog so please leave her a comment and tell her Happy Birthday**
So - about the name Maud the Broad. First of all - my mom's name is Maudeen. I was kind of a crazy teenager and I'm so glad she made it through those years in one piece! I also had crazy friends - and they loved my mom! People just love to make her chuckle because she has a funny, hilarious, contagious kind of laugh. But getting back to the point - one of my friends - I actually think it was Cindy (aka Binders, Cynthia) - actually called my mother "Maud the Broad" once while she was at my house. My very fun mom laughed and laughed at that name and it stuck. Instead of being stuffy and hating that name - she thought it was hilarious.
Here is my lovely mama!
Isn't she pretty? She has stunningly beautiful eyes!
Here are some things I know about my mother!
- She has a great laugh!
- She loves makeup
- She is beautiful
- She is lucky
- She drives a Mini Cooper (Jealous!)
- She loves to play dice games - especially bunco
- She is faithful and loyal
- She is funny
- She loves the color red
- She loves the Gospel
- She is competitive and loves winning radio contests!
- She would do anything for her children and family
- She has a favorite cup and a favorite chair
- She loves Bryce Canyon and she gave me my love for Bryce Canyon
- She makes the best potato salad in the world!
- She has 4 children - 2 girls and 2 boys
- She laughs at my dad's jokes
- She is frugal
- She loves licorice and jelly beans
- She is spunky
- She is very kind to everyone
- She loves very deeply
Mom - I'm feeling bad that I'm not going to see you until Sunday. Have a super great wonderful jolly birthday. You are loved so very much!Click HERE for a little something from your four kids....
Happy Birthday Maud the Broad!!