Friday, August 15, 2008

Catching up

I've missed my blogging friends terribly! I feel so out of sorts when I'm not posting about 'stuff'.

Here's what's been happenin'!





Todd's cute nephew Chris got married. It was sooo beautiful up there! He and Toni looked so happy.











Monday was Todd's competition shoot-out. It was Corporate Games at his work and they took bronze. You go husband!


Check out my husband's mad shooting skills.




*The author of this blog would like readers to know that her husband would never shoot furry, cute animals. He's a 'target' man.









I'm thinking a Corporate Games men's calendar is in order. Here are January, February and March.



We registered Connor for HIGH SCHOOL on Wednesday. Holy cow - he only has three years left. My smart kid has some awesome classes!

Wednesday was also Connor's 16th birthday. Yeah, a bragging blog will be heading this way soon.





I LOVE this picture!







And he received a very nice birthday present - he gets his braces off next Friday! Woot!

The dentist strapped his mouth closed for the last two weeks. It's been nice.

Yesterday I had lunch with my hilarious and fun friends Lorrie and Michelle (MCF). Of course, I left my camera in the car...but you can check out MCF's blog here.

{BREAKING NEWS}

Todd just called with a notable tone of interest to his voice as he told us about some breaking news. Apparently Big Foot and his clan have been found.
See this story for more fascinating details.

We're heading off to the hills again for another camping attempt. Hopefully we'll stay for more than an hour this time.

I'll be sure to blog if we spot the infamous Big Foot. Have a super weekend!

11 comments:

chelle said...

Braces off! That will be a good day. Seems like you have been so busy! Thanks for updating us. After all inquiring minds want to know. m

Anonymous said...

I'm certain the Big Foot story is a hoax. Jodi couldn't stop talking about blogging the whole week.

Todd

Pancake said...

YEAH you are back!!!!! Better luck camping, no worries about no camera, just reinact it!!!

Da Bergs said...

Dang, I was sitting here thinking, YEAH, Jodi is back!!! And, they you say you are LEAVING to go camping! Have fun, but hurry back!

And, yes, they always LOVE the day they get those braces off!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the camping trip!

Michelle said...

Hey enjoyed having lunch on Thursday.. Next time we'll get together on the weekend so I can bring Tyson. I can't wait to hear if you got eaten by a bear or not (I'm pulling for NOT, btw. I'm not THAT rude). Hopefully you made it longer than the last pitiful attempt. C'mon JLW, really. You can do better than that.

The Despain Gang said...

Great update; you have so much fun things to say. Have a great campout and Happy B-day to Connor. Oh and congrats on being released from braces--they are binding in many more ways than one. :)
-Melissa

Jan said...

Hope it works out this time. Love all the pictures. Shooting and the teeth. Funny.

Tell us all about it Red. Looking forward to it.

ktmay said...

i bet he's so excited to get that metal off his teeth. my niece kept running her tongue over her teeth all day long for weeks after she got hers off, LOL. my husband would never shoot cute, furry animals either. unless we were hungry and there was nothing else to do. but we'd fish first. fish don't count, obviously. LOL. then i'd try to catch turtles, even though i like turtles. and i wouldn't feel bad about killing a turkey...seriously though, if we HAD to do it, we could kill just about any animal to feed our kids, no matter how cute. even our own pet dog. how sad is that? (i'm debbie downer tonight)and the queen of the tangent.

Janell said...

so, remember our deal??? Or was it my deal??? That once MY blogging break was over so was yours =)!!!! Oh me on my, my self-centeredness is overwhelming!!! Miss ya!

Cynthia said...

I can't get past the fact that Connor is 16! Where did that little blonde baby go? Actually, I think *I* gave birth to his little bro because he and my Logan actually look a lot alike! LOL!