Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jane Austen update

Remember my post where I actually admitted to having never seen a movie nor read a book written by Jane Austen?

Well, Elora and I stayed up late and watched Pride and Prejudice the other night. It's the version with Keira Knightly (that was the only version available from where I rented it). I loved it! In all sincerity, I was asking myself what had taken me so long to get caught up in the Jane Austen Fever that a lot people have. Now I get it.

I loved Mr. Darcy - reminds me of my main man!

My plans now are to watch the other versions of P & P before I start into Sense and Sensibility. Thanks for all of your excellent suggestions.

Here are my other plans....

9 comments:

tiki_lady said...

I have watched PP a few times. I love what her father says to her. the whole thing about marriage. I get weepy with him.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I might be the only one on the planet to not have read or watched any of those stories.

I just noticed you're in Draper. My sister used to live there. Michelle A. she-called-me.blogspot

Janell said...

Yeah! I can't WAIT until you watch the BBC version so we can talk about it!! Books are good too!

Jan said...

Loved the movies, have never read the books. I am so happy that I can now have something excited over to read. I am just not convinced yet on all the twilight talk.

chelle said...

Welcome to the club! LOVE THESE BOOKS! Wish I had never read them before. I would have such a treat ahead of me. M

tammy said...

Welcome to the Austen world. I am a huge fan of Mr. Darcy. LOVE HIM!!!! Enjoy the rest!!!

Pancake said...

YEAH!!! Keep your reviews coming and I will follow your lead! I LOVE the picture you added with you and your son! SO TENDER!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I knew you would love Pride & Prejudice!!! I just watched the New LDS version the other day...it is pretty funny!

ktmay said...

hey! have you started reading the books? i have to tell you, i have to be in the mood to read austen. i love how she talks, that old english society way of never truly SAYING what you mean point blank, but beating around the bush for hours on end...LOL...so not like me. i love words, but i say exactly what i mean!