Monday, June 23, 2008

We have a winner!

We have a winner!

Whew! What a day.

I took my son to a doctor’s appointment at 3. I knew I had to be home by 5 because of the drawing – but the traffic, you know – it slowed me down.

So then I finally got home. It was before 5. But barely.

And I realized that I forgot to figure out how the Random.org random number generator thing worked.

So I had to browse that website to find out how to actually do it.

I thought I had to register – so I tried. But it wouldn’t let me register.

But I figured out how to get a random number anyway – without registering.

And I got the number.

But then I tried to post the winner’s name to blogger – it said “TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE”!

ARRGHHH!!

Oh – it just occurred to me that you might possibly want to know the name of the winner.

Oops – sorry!

Okay.

Can I just tell you how EXCITED I AM?!

First, I want to let everyone know that my comment and the comments of my immediate family members (sorry, fam) did not count – so I skipped right over me, Todd (twice), and Connor to get to number 12.

Here is the winning number:


Here are your random numbers:
12
Timestamp: 2008-06-23 23:13:26 UTC



Which just so happens to be…






FRUMPIN' IT UP!


Frumpy won. She is the winner!

Go Frumpy! Go Frumpy!

I am so happy Janell won because she is going through some challenges right now. I've never personally met Janell, sadly, but I can tell she is pretty dang cool! She was actually my first blogging friend and I'm happy to know her.

For everyone else - thanks for sharing your comments. It was sooo much fun getting to know all of you. I can't wait to read all of your blogs!

10 comments:

Jan said...

Random knew who the perfect winner should be. That is so great. Thanks Redhoodoo. And congrats to you Frumpy Luv... Hope you enjoy the goods.

That was a great giveaway.

Janell said...

I SERIOUSLY cannot believe how lucky I am =)!!! This SO makes my day!!! I am so excited!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for doing a giveaway and thank you random for picking me!! =) Can you tell how excited I am?

By the way - I totally couldn't figure out how to use random either and had to call someone to school me on it, so I am impressed you figured it out all on your own!

Anonymous said...

I was going to be JEALOUS about not winning---but if there was someone who should win IT SHOULD BE JANELL!!! She deserves it way more than I do!!!
YAY JANELL!!! Now you have some MAIL to look forward to!!!! :)

*MErrianne

tammy said...

Congrats Frumpy Luv!!!!

I am just happy I found a new totally fabulouso blog to check in on throughout the week!!!

Pancake said...

Congrats JANELL!!! I am SO glad she won!!!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping one of your cats would win.

Random.org

The Broad Squad said...

YEAH JANELL!!!!!

chelle said...

I did not random was so smart. After all, she has a new house to fill up! M

tiki_lady said...

OHHH dang it! ::oh sorry that was my inner self:: But my true self says CONGRATS FRUMPY!!! Now, I am going to check out who this lucky winner is! Hope you enjoy your goodies!

julie said...

I was hoping for Janell too! Yeah!